Ways you can help by volunteering at CHA Animal Shelter…
CHA Animal Shelter is a volunteer, nonprofit animal shelter dedicated to finding homes for homeless cats and dogs with responsible individuals. We rely on over 400 volunteers for their talent and the generosity of their time to accomplish this goal.
CHA is currently full for orientation and training. Check back with us after the first of the year.
To become a CHA volunteer:
- Volunteers must be at least 14 years old to work in the shelter.
- Volunteers between the ages of 14 & 15 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who is also a volunteer.
- Volunteers who are 16 & 17 years of age may volunteer independently with the signed consent of a parent or guardian.
- Adult volunteers are requested not to bring their young or non-volunteering children to the shelter when working.
- CHA does not honor court-mandated volunteering.
Examples of volunteer opportunities at CHA Animal Shelter are:
- Care for and socialize with the animals
- Assist with maintenance and upkeep of the shelter
- Assist potential adopters with meeting the adoptable animals
CHA Animal Shelter has a foster program that allows our volunteers to house animals with special needs temporarily in their homes. This program allows CHA pets to recover from medical conditions, grow to a healthy and adoptable age, or just get relief from the stress of the shelter in a caring environment. The Foster program is open to all CHA volunteers. If you are unable to volunteer regularly with CHA Animal Shelter but are interested in providing temporary care and shelter to animals in need, you can begin the process to become a foster parent by attending a brief training and orientation. For our foster application, click here!
- Perform adoption follow-ups
- Filing and paperwork
- Data entry for animal records into PetPoint
- Help with special events at the shelter
- Plan and participate in fundraising functions
- Contact businesses for donations of items or services
- Spread the word to the public about our fundraising events!
- Click HERE for our fundraising tips and toolkit